Bloomberg reports that a steady decline in gas prices has left consumers with extra cash in their pockets after filling up their tanks. For one heavy-commuting family in Pennsylvania featured by Bloomberg, this translates into $500 a month in savings. What could your family get for an extra $500 a month? Here are some possibilities:
- 6 trips to the movies for a family of four, including popcorn and drinks.
- A new Kenmore washing machine, with an option to go for a matching dryer with next month’s savings.
- A PlayStation 4 with two new games.
- A Nest Thermostat to help you save even more on energy costs.
- Four one-day passes to Disney’s Magic Kingdom.
- A makeover for your kitchen or bathroom by installing a new faucet or backsplash.