Looking for more ways to save gas and cut costs? To reduce your gasoline needs and conserve energy resources, here are a few handy tidbits for living from Energy Tomorrow, a website of the American Petroleum Institute.
- Tire inflation – properly inflated tires will save up to a mile per gallon.
- Air conditioner – keeping the A/C off will save up to 2 miles per gallon.
- Speedy starts – gradually increasing speed takes half the amount of gas.
- Slow down – driving faster requires more gasoline.
- Steady pace – driving erratically can cost you up to 2 miles per gallon.