As summer temperatures increase, you can save money and energy and still beat the heat by following a few simple tips:
- Close window blinds and drapes to prevent heat gain from the sun
- Use a programmable thermostat to regulate home temperature when you’re at home and away
- Reduce cooling costs by setting your thermostat as high as comfortably possible
- Don’t set the thermostat to a colder setting than normal to get it cooler quicker – it doesn’t work!
- Using a ceiling fan and A/C allows you to set your thermostat four degrees higher and still feel as cool
- Turn off ceiling fans when you leave the room – fans cool people with a breeze, not rooms
- Use bathroom ventilating fans to remove heat & humidity from your home