The Social Media Coordinator will help manage Consumer Energy Alliance’s (CEA) online grassroots and advocacy programs to advance the organization’s mission, to the consumer public, by drafting and executing graphics and messages across various mediums. The position involves a background in writing and digital media, with experience in database management and analytic reporting.
The position will work with the communications team to implement advocacy and digital campaigns that create meaningful engagement with consumers through various mediums. If you have a knack for speaking to the populace through the digital world, enjoy politics and grassroots organizing, and are uniquely creative – we encourage you to apply.
This position will work directly with the communications team and report to the Director of Communications to share issues from our stakeholders that directly impact the energy consuming public. The position needs to identify opportunities to help leverage CEA messaging, graphics and digitals on issue advocacy and energy campaigns; work with the communications team to develop strategies that will grow CEA’s grassroots network and engage with target audiences on various social platforms; assist with bulletin and newsletter content, target digital spaces and manage the social platforms with organic content, paid advertising, database management and email outreach; work with the communications team to routinely update and maintain organizational databases and/or websites to ensure consistency and accuracy of the data and content; assist in creating reports for the communications team to provide results and/or analysis.
The Social Media Coordinator must have at least one year of relevant experience in public relations, policy, or advocacy related fields; including research, advertising, consulting, media and publishing.
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- 1 to 2 years of work experience (energy experience is a plus);
- Understanding of or proficiency with online marketing tools;
- Microsoft Office proficiency;
- Email engine proficiency;
- Familiarity with HTML and graphic formats;
- Familiarity with major social media networks;
- Working knowledge of grassroots programs;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team atmosphere;
- Dedicated, energetic and have a positive attitude;
- Develop compelling and engaging content for communications campaigns across various channels, including email communications, websites, social media, etc.;
- Maintain up to date database records on advocacy and engagement campaigns at all times; Prepare status reports both internally and externally;
- Provide Client Service support to the communications team during the business development cycle, as necessary; and
- Provide support to the director of communications and state affairs team for client service delivery, as necessary.
For inquiries or to submit your resume, please send them by email to Emily Haggstrom at email@example.com.