Did you know that about half of American energy use occurs at workplaces, schools, entertainment venues and shopping malls? If we are mindful of utilizing energy conservatively in these locations, as well as our homes, we can save energy and reduce unnecessary expenditures.
To cut energy use and costs in the workplace, try these tips from Energy Star, a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency program that promotes energy efficiency:
- Unplug devices that aren’t being used
- Replace traditional light bulbs with long-lasting energy efficient bulbs
- Turn off lights before you leave
- Don’t block air vents with papers and office supplies
- Create an office team to promote energy efficiency
- Encourage your coworkers to unplug, turn off and unblock!
Check out more energy-saving tips that can be applied at the office at the Energy Star for the Workplace website.