Interested in discovering ways to use renewable energy around your home? The U.S. Department of Energy maintains a wealth of information on what you can do with renewable energy. Check out these tips:
- Use a clothesline rather than a clothes dryer – a simple way to use solar energy and reduce costs!
- Pump water using a small wind turbine
- Heat and cool your home using a geothermal or ground-source heat pump
- Have flowing water on your property? Use a microhydropower system to generate your own electricity
- In winter, heat areas of your home using wood or biobased pellets
To learn more about using renewable energy, visit the Renewable Energy section of EnergySavers.gov, a consumer-geared website of the U.S. Department of Energy.