- Senate Bill 2145 – Solar Energy Net Metering
Expands equitable access for solar energy net metering
- Senate Bill 2219 – Solar Net Metering Fairness
Relates to solar net metering fairness
- Senate Bill 2203 – Net-Metering of Solar Energy
Enables net metering for on-site solar energy
- An Act to Promote Energy Diversity
In August 2016, Governor Baker signed into law a comprehensive energy bill passed by the state legislature. Bill H.4568 requires Massachusetts to solicit long-term contracts – lasting 15 or 20 years – for 1,200 megawatts of hydropower or other renewable resources, such as land-based wind or solar.
- Promoting a Clean Energy Future
In June 2018, the Massachusetts State Senate approved a package of energy bills proposing a slew of new provisions in The Bay State’s solar space. If implemented, we could see changes ranging from a 100% renewable energy standard by 2047 to removing the state’s net metering caps.